VOLVO SELEKT - APPROVED USED CARS
Own the Volvo you've always wanted
Volvo Selekt is the smartest way to buy a used VolvoWe select only the best available cars. We improve them through Volvo approved checks and then make them even better with the latest software upgrades. The package is completed with an extensive warranty, including MOT Test Cover, roadside assistance, and even a 30 day exchange promise to guarantee your satisfaction. All you need to do is go to selekt.volvocars.co.uk and choose the Volvo that is right for you.
A fresh start guaranteed
Fully checked and updatedEvery Volvo Selekt car has a history and provenance check carried out and has to pass over 100 checks to meet Volvo's safety, performance and appearance standards. During preparation, we only use Volvo Genuine Parts, ensuring that your Volvo remains 100% pure Volvo. We also connect every car back to the factory’s original record and upgrade the car’s software. This service is exclusive to Volvo dealers and ensures that your Selekt car is running to the optimum capability.
We've got you covered
Volvo Selekt WarrantyOnly Volvo dealers can offer the Volvo Selekt Warranty – one of the most comprehensive warranties available. It covers all key mechanical and electrical components.
Cars over 5 years old come with the Volvo Selekt warranty cover for 6 months. Customers have the option to upgrade this to 12 months when taking delivery of the car.
With Volvo Selekt Warranty your car is covered across Europe, giving you peace of mind wherever you are.
Volvo Selekt Warranty
We’ve got you covered
MOT Test CoverFor added peace of mind all Volvo Selekt cars have MOT Test Cover included. That means that regardless how young or old your Volvo Selekt Approved used car is, when the next MOT test is due, it is covered for the majority of items which may cause a test failure. Click on the link below for full details.
MOT Test Cover
Wherever you're driving
Volvo Assistance for a yearAlso included in the Selekt offer is 12 months’ Volvo Assistance. It's more than just a roadside recovery package,– wherever you're driving within the European continent, you'll receive emergency breakdown and recovery 24 hours a day. From a flat tyre to a traffic accident – and whether you are at the roadside or stuck at home – you can count on Volvo Assistance to get you moving again.
30 day 1500 miles
Satisfaction guaranteeWe are committed to making sure you are 100% satisfied with your Volvo Selekt car. That's why every single car comes with our 30 day exchange guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with your Selekt used car within 30 days or 1,500 miles driving, whichever comes first, we'll exchange the car for another of equivalent value.
For cars less than 7 years old (and less than 100,000 miles) at purchase
12 Months Unlimited Mileage Warranty (6 months applies on cars over 5 years old at time of purchase – Upgrade to 12 months available)
NOTE: Vehicles under 3 years old will have the balance of the manufacturer warranty in place unless the car is between 24 and 36 months old in which case the following Volvo Selekt Warranty cover will take over at the point the original Volvo warranty expires.
The comprehensive Volvo Selekt warranty covers the cost or replacement of any factory-fitted mechanical or electrical component which suffers a mechanical or electrical failure. The only exceptions are:
Spark plugs, auxiliary drive belts, hoses and pipes (Power Assisted Steering pressure pipes are covered), exhaust system (catalytic converters are covered), clutch frictional material, brake shoes, pads and discs, lamps (xenon headlamps are covered), bulbs, fuses, batteries, paintwork, body panels, body seals and weather strips, handles and hinges, cosmetic finishes, carpets and trim, upholstery, glass, wiper blades, wheels and tyres, the rectification of any oil leaks (unless the removal of a major unit is required) and the adjustment of any component, servicing, maintenance and normal wear and tear.
In the event of a successful claim, we’ll also provide a contribution towards recovery charges, replacement vehicle hire, overnight hotel expenses, emergency travel and consequential damage (Warranty Terms and Conditions apply). Cover is also extended to the continent of Europe for UK residents.
IMPORTANT: Vehicles should be serviced in accordance with the Volvo servicing schedule by an authorised Volvo repairer. Failure to do so may invalidate this warranty. Leeway of one month or 1,000 miles is permitted. Should you have any doubts concerning the service requirements of your Volvo, please contact your dealer for clarification.
MOT Test Cover
This Volvo MOT Test Cover only applies to a qualifying failure item (see list below) resulting from the next due MOT Test after the vehicle is purchased as a Volvo Selekt car. Only one Volvo MOT Test claim is permissible on any one Volvo Selekt Package registered.
Steering and Suspension
Maximum Claim Liability
IMPORTANT: The MOT Test Warranty does not cover accidental or malicious damage or neglect. See terms and conditions.
This MOT Test Warranty Does Not Cover:
- • Any parts which have not actually failed, which are replaced or reported during routine servicing and/or repair of other parts which have failed
- • Any component covered by any other existing warranties or insurances
- • Any loss to the Warranty Holder in excess of the maximum claim liability
- • Liability which attracts by virtue of an agreement but which would not have attached in the absence of the said agreement
- • Any liability for death, bodily injury, or damage to other property or any consequential loss of whatsoever nature arising directly or indirectly from the claim or event giving rise to a claim under this MOT Test Warranty
- • The MOT Test and Re-Test fee
Volvo Assistance benefits in the UK
- • Local Recovery or Roadside and Home Assistance
- • Storage in the event it is not possible to immediately recover your vehicle to a dealership
- • Onward Travel or Hotel Accommodation or Car Hire following in conjunction with the recovery of your vehicle
- • Vehicle Collection from the location of repair
- • Message Service
Volvo Assistance benefits in continental Europe(This service is available for travel not exceeding 90 days in one single trip).
- • Local Recovery or Roadside Assistance In the event of breakdown/immobilisation in Continental Europe
- • Storage
- • Onward Travel or Hotel Accommodation or Car Hire
- • Message Service
- • Repatriation of vehicle to Dealer nearest your home address in the UK if not repairable in continental Europe
Volvo Selekt exchange guarantee
- terms and conditions -
- Subject to the following terms, any Volvo Selekt car purchased from an authorised Volvo dealer may be exchanged for another vehicle ('The replacement vehicle') from the same dealer, provided that:
- The Volvo Selekt car is returned to the Volvo dealer within 30 days of the delivery date and
- The Volvo dealer is satisfied that the customer is a private purchaser (and not a trade purchaser or otherwise) and
- The vehicle has covered no more than 1,500 miles since the delivery to the customer and
- The Volvo dealer, at his absolute discretion, is satisfied that the Volvo Selekt car is in the same condition as at the time of delivery to the customer and
- The Volvo dealer is satisfied that the customer owns the vehicle and is fully entitled to exchange it under this agreement and
- The Volvo Selekt car has not been involved in any accident, or been notified or altered so that the car no longer conforms to its original specification, or has been used for racing, trials, rallies, competitive events or for any purpose other than normal private or commercial use.
- The customer may choose any vehicle as the Replacement vehicle, provided that:
- It is of an equal or higher price to the Volvo Selekt vehicle and
- It is readily available from the Volvo Dealer’s stock or another source.
- Before any exchange is effected the customer shall be responsible for making all the necessary arrangements relating to terminating, transferring to, taking out or otherwise dealing with the financing arrangements for the purchase of the Volvo Selekt car and the Replacement vehicle. Any exchange shall be subject to the Volvo dealer being satisfied with such arrangements.
- Where the customer wishes to exchange the Volvo Selekt for a vehicle of higher price, the exchange will not take place until the customer has paid the price difference.
- The customer will be solely responsible for any additional costs incurred in the exchange for licensing or insurance. Any such costs must be paid in full prior to completion of the exchange.
- Only one exchange shall take place and the Volvo 30 day 1,500 mile exchange commitment shall not apply to any Replacement vehicle.
- This agreement does not affect any statutory rights.